City Services on Monday, January 15 in Honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
Some city offices will be closed in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, on Monday, January 15. Some services, such as 311, bus and Sun Van paratransit, and trash and recycle pick-up, will offer regular service that day. For a complete listing of services offered, visit: www.cabq.gov/holiday/news/martin-luther-king-jr-day-closures
Reminder to Neighborhood Associations – Be Alert to Fraud Attempts
Albuquerque Police Department was contacted recently by two neighborhood associations who had fraudulent attempts made on neighborhood association board members to send or transfer money. We encourage you to establish a process for any type of financial transaction, and to confirm all requests for money transfers that you or your board members receive are from credible sources or individuals.
City Traffic Construction Reports Available Online
Ever wonder where the different construction projects are happening across town, so you can plan your drive and avoid if possible? Now you can view all construction traffic reports online via the Department of Municipal Development’s (DMD) interactive map! You can also view and download PDF reports as well. Visit: www.cabq.gov/municipaldevelopment/maps/traffic-report today!
Veteran’s Integration Centers Offering Free Community Shuttle Service
The Veteran’s Integration Centers are now offering a free community shuttle service for people who utilize community service providers. The service is available to all who may need it, and priority is given to individuals who have a voucher. The voucher can be obtained through Case Managers or Social Workers at community service providers. To learn more about this program, e-mail: email@example.com or visit: www.nmvic.org
Neighborhood Association (NA) Meetings Across Town
- Anderson Hills NA, Monday, Jan. 8 at 6:30 p.m. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Silver Hill NA, Monday, Jan. 8 at 7:00 p.m., Heights Community Center. E-mail: email@example.com for more information.
- Semillas y Raices, Tuesday, Jan. 9 at 6:00 p.m., Art Center Square (AC2), NE corner Mountain and Broadway. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Wells Park NA, Tuesday, Jan. 9 at 6:30 p.m., Wells Park Community Center. E-mail: email@example.com for more information.
- Huning Castle NA, Wednesday, Jan. 10 at 7:00 p.m., Albuquerque Country Club. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Barelas NA, Thursday, Jan. 11 at 6:00 p.m., Barelas Community Center. E-mail: email@example.com for more information.
- South Valley Coalition of NAs, Thursday, Jan. 11 at 6:30 p.m., Bernalillo County Sheriff’s South Area Command. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Mossman South NA, Saturday, Jan. 13 at 10:00 a.m. E-mail: email@example.com for more information.
Community Policing Council (CPC) Meetings This Week
- Foothills Area Command CPC, Monday, Jan. 8 at 6:00 p.m., Holiday Park Community Center.
- Northeast Area Command CPC, Tuesday, Jan. 9 at 6:30 p.m., North Domingo Baca Multigenerational Center. NOTE: APD Chief Geller will be in attendance at this meeting.
- Southwest Area Command CPC, Wednesday, Jan. 10 at 6:00 p.m., Patrick J. Baca Library.
For a complete listing of all CPC meetings each month, visit: https://www.cabq.gov/police/community-policing-council
2018 Dr. Martin Luther King Dr. March Takes Place on Saturday, Jan. 13
The annual March and Commemoration Ceremony in honor of the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. takes place Saturday, Jan. 13, from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., at Civic Plaza. To volunteer, register for the March or a Vendor table, or to simply learn more, visit: www.nmmlksc.org
Oasis Albuquerque Hosting Mosaic Art Show by Local Artists
The Oasis Albuquerque, a non-profit group promoting successful aging and healthy living, is hosting a free art show from January 11 through April 20. The show, featuring local and statewide artists, focuses on mosaic, stained glass, glass time, ceramics, porcelain tiles, sculptures, and many other art forms. The art show kicks off with an opening reception on Thursday, Jan. 11 at the Oasis Art Gallery, 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. To learn more, visit: www.oasisabq.org
Community Economist Offers Presentations on Well-Being and Happiness to Neighborhood Associations
The community-focused presentation “Happiness and Well-Being Measures and Public Policy” is a free service offered to all neighborhood associations by economist Doleswar Bhandari. Mr. Bhandari, also a member of the Loma Del Rey Neighborhood Association, developed the presentation to help promote neighborhood well-being and promote participation in the government process, social capital, and public policies. If your neighborhood association is interested in having him present, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Humanities Council Offering Exhibition on Ernie Pyle, Roving Journalist from Albuquerque
The New Mexico Humanities Council is hosting a two-month exhibition on the life and work of Ernie Pyle, Albuquerque’s best-known WWII journalist. Pyle traveled alongside American infantry during the war and wrote about the day-to-day life of the average American soldier, bringing their lives, worries and daily problems to the American people. To learn more about the Pyle exhibit, visit: www.nmhum.org
Neighborhood Communication Liaison, Office of Neighborhood Coordination (ONC)
City Council Department
(505) 768-3331 Office